Terms and Conditions
2-General Terms and Conditions of Use
Acceptance of this Legal Notice is a prerequisite for the use of the Website. Registered users or visitors to the Website (hereinafter the User) acknowledge that they have sufficient capacity to contract, and have read, understood and accepted these General Conditions of Use of the Website.
The purpose of the Website is to provide information and content, meaning therefore, but not limited to those texts, graphics, drawings, designs, codes, software, photographs, music, videos, sounds, databases, images, expressions and information that are available to the User on the Website, also through the Website, the Owner may enable third parties to advertise or provide their services. In these cases, the Owner will not be responsible for establishing the general and particular conditions to be taken into account in the use, provision or contracting of these services by third parties and, therefore, may not be considered responsible for them.
Participation in this Website is free for users, both visitors and registered users. However, some of the services and content offered by the Owner or third parties through the Website may be subject to prior contracting of the service or product and payment of an amount of money in the manner determined in the corresponding Special Conditions, in which case they shall be made available clearly.
The Owner reserves the right to modify these conditions, informing the registered users in advance; they may accept the modifications made in the subsequent access to the Website. To register on the Website, the User must be over 18 years of age, or between 16 and 18 years of age and have the express consent of their parents or legal guardians or with the benefit of the age of majority.
The Owner will not be responsible for the misuse by users or for errors in the content provided by users or in attempts to access the Website or its information, although he will apply due diligence to try to prevent such problems from occurring. The Owner reserves the right to withdraw all content and contributions that violate law, public order or, in his opinion, are not suitable for publication.
The unauthorized use of the information contained on the Website, and the infringement of intellectual or industrial property rights over its contents, will give rise to the legally established responsibilities. Likewise, the Owner reserves the right to exclude, on his own initiative or at the request of third parties, access to the Website or his information, by that user who prevents or hinders with his words or acts the good development of the services of the platform.
The Website makes available to the User different spaces and participation tools to encourage conversation and the exchange of ideas and opinions among users. It aims to remain open and accessible to any registered user. By means of these tools and spaces the User may have his own space, called Profile, which will identify him under his real or fictitious name and surname associated with the user account.
In the user account, if the User so chooses, an image of his choice may be incorporated that will represent him visually in the different sections of the Website. The images of those users that the User follows and also those that follow the User will be visible in the Profile so that you can be informed and easily recognize them.
The Profile will reflect the activity of the User and will show the content provided to the Website that will be public for the rest of the users who may follow the User to be aware of such content. The User may also follow the activity generated by the collaborators or editors of the Website or follow the news generated by or around other entities and institutions.
The Website may send notifications of the activity of the User and the users to whom it follows by e-mail to the address provided in the registration process. The User may enable or disable the receipt of such notifications.
This Profile will be public but will remain hidden, only visible by the User, certain activities of a private nature (such as start tracking, moderate content, individual statistical notifications and any other private notifications).
The Owner shall not be responsible for damages, losses, claims or expenses, produced by: interference, interruptions, failures, omissions, telephone failures, delays, blockages or disconnections in the operation of the electronic system, motivated by deficiencies, overloads and errors in telecommunication lines and networks, or for any other reason beyond the control of the Owner; unlawful interference through the use of malicious programs of any kind and through any means of communication, such as computer viruses or any other; improper or improper use of the Website; security or browsing errors caused by a malfunction of the browser or by the use of outdated versions thereof.
3-Privacy and data protection policy
3.1-Privacy and data protection policy
3.2-Information and consent
In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on the Protection of Personal Data (hereinafter LOPD), and its Implementing Regulation, approved by Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December (hereinafter RLOPD), as well as Regulation (EU)2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR) we inform the User that personal data collected during the use of the Website and following registration as a User will be included in a file registered in the General Register of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, under the responsibility of the Owner, in order to manage the use of the Website and to provide or facilitate the services and information that may be requested by such users.
3.3- Purposes of processing and data retention periods
The Owner will treat the information provided by the User through the Website according to the following purposes :
- In the case of the data required for the creation of the user account, the purpose of processing is to manage the User’s registration and allow access to the services offered on the Website. The User’s data will be retained for this purpose for as long as the User wishes to access such services.
- In the case of the data required for the subscription to the different newsletters offered by the Owner, the purpose of processing is to send information by email related to the subject of each of the newsletters to which the User requests registration. The User’s data will be retained for this purpose until he opposes or revokes his consent.
- In the case of newsletters that include the receipt of commercial communications, the purpose of the processing will be to send commercial communications from third parties that may be of interest to the User. The User’s data will be retained for this purpose until he opposes or revokes his consent.
- Manage, process and respond to requests for information related to products and/or services offered by third parties, when they provide their data through the contact forms enabled for this purpose on the Website. The User’s data will be retained for this purpose until he opposes or revokes his consent.
- In the case of physical products and digital subscriptions offered by the Owner that have been purchased in the store of the Website by the User, the purpose of the processing shall be the sending by post or equivalent courier of the physical products and the management of access to the services associated with digital subscriptions by the account associated with the User. The User’s data will be retained for this purpose for the duration of the contracted period, remaining as free access after the end of said period and in any case until the User opposes or revokes his consent.
3.4-Legitimation of the processing of data
The legal basis for the processing of the data subject is based on the consent given by the data subject by accepting this policy by checking the appropriate box in the following situations:
- At the time of creation of the User’s account when registering on the Website.
- By subscribing to any of the newsletters offered by the Owner through the forms enabled for this purpose on the Website.
- When requesting information about products and/or services offered by third parties by sending the different contact forms enabled for that purpose.
In the case of users who purchase products or services offered by the Owner in the website store, the legal basis for the processing of the data is the execution of the subscription contract, or the shipment of physical products purchased according to the terms and conditions contained in the “Shop” section of these legal conditions.
The consents obtained for the aforementioned purposes are independent so the User may revoke only one of them without affecting the others.
The User’s data, in general, will not be communicated to third parties except in the following cases:
- When you request information related to products and/or services offered by third parties, filling in your data through the contact forms enabled for this purpose on the Website, in which case they may be communicated to the entity responsible for offering such a product or service.
- When the User subscribes to any of the newsletters offered by the Owner, his data will be transferred to The Rocket Science Group, LLC (hereinafter MailChimp), service provider, whose servers are located in the United States. Mailchimp ensures an adequate level of protection, as it adheres to Privacy Shield. More information is available at privacyshield.gov.
3.6-Rights of users
The User may send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by ordinary mail to Avda deth Pas d’Arró 5 D 1, 25530 Vielha (Spain) at any time and free of charge to exercise the following rights:
- Revoke the consents granted.
- Obtain confirmation as to whether the Owner is processing personal data concerning the User or not.
- Access your personal data.
- Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Request the deletion of your data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected.
- Obtain from the Data Controller the limitation of the processing of the data when one of the conditions provided for in the data protection regulations is met.
- Request the portability of your data.
- Complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD), through the website aepd.eso by writing addressed to the Subdirectorate General of Data Inspection of the AEPD when it considers that the Owner has violated the rights that are recognized by the applicable regulations in data protection.
4-Intellectual and industrial property
All contents, domain names, trademarks, distinctive signs and logos appearing on the Website, except for items published under the authorization of their respective owners, are the property of the Owner. No content on the Website, including this Legal Notice, may be reproduced in whole or in part, distributed, processed, exploited or marketed by the user or by third parties without the express authorization of the Owner. Such authorization may be requested by communication to the contact email address: email@example.com.
The contents, trademarks or logos external to the Owner that may appear on the Website, belong to their respective owners, and have been placed or published on the Website with their prior authorization, they are responsible to whom to turn as to their property or in case of any dispute that may arise.
The user is responsible for the elements (contents, comments and specifications relating to specific uses) that he contributes, shares or expresses on the Website, and must be in a position to prove that the elements susceptible to intellectual and/or industrial property that accompany its presence on the Website do not violate any law, right or interest of third parties, and that for its use and publication has the corresponding licenses.
The user assigns to the Owner, during the period of time until the cancellation of the user account, where appropriate, only the rights strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the platform, specifically: the right to keep the contents on our servers and the right to show them to other users, according to the level of privacy chosen by the user, as well as to modify them or transform them into what is necessary for the correct development of the service.
The store located on the Website is the property of the Owner who is legally responsible for it. The guarantee of the products offered implies that:
- The Product will be delivered in perfect condition and in the quantity requested.
- The Product will conform to the characteristics indicated most recently by the manufacturer, as stated on the Website or in the description of the materials of the Product at the time of placing the Order.
On the other hand, the Holder does everything in his power to deliver the Products in an optimal condition. However, if you receive a Product that you consider defective, you must keep it in its current state in order for us (or our agent) to check it within a reasonable period of time. In case of defective product, the seller must proceed, as appropriate, to repair, replacement, price reduction or termination of the contract, arrangements that will be free for the consumer and user. The seller is liable for any failure to comply within two years of delivery. The consumer and the user shall inform the seller of the lack of conformity within two months of its knowledge. This clause shall apply taking into account the nature of the good marketed.
As established by current legislation, returns of publishing products are not allowed: magazines and books.
Shipping conditions vary depending on the type of product purchased.
6-Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Website is governed by Spanish laws. Any dispute or claim in the relationship between the user and the Holder shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of Spain, with express waiver of any other jurisdiction or legislation that may be applicable.